The League of American Bicyclists has designated The Shandro Group as a "Bicycle Friendly Business!" This award is presented to businesses with impressive commitments to bicycling.
The Shandro Group encourages more biking in our community by:
- Allowing bikes in common spaces of businesses and/or at employee workspaces
- Having maintenance supplies available such as tools, pumps and tubes
- Attending public meetings to advocate for cyclists and bicycling in Boise
- Having two loaner bikes for tenants or employees who may have driven to work, but can bike to appointments and back
- Working with the building owner and Boise Green Bike to establish a station on our site
- Celebrating Bike to Work Day every year!
We are the only insurance agency in town that promotes biking and has a location that is very bike friendly. We host and run other businesses from our building (specifically Treefort Music Festival) that promote biking and alternative transportation. Biking and alternative transportation is important to us because we believe in reducing our carbon footprint plus getting outside and being active makes our people happier.
Thank you to The League of American Bicyclists for the recognition! We want to continue to do our part to help Boise become a more bike friendly city and encourage more people to bike and use alternative transportation!